Thursday, October 2, 2008

Decorating for Fall

I've finished my "fall decorating" & really quite happy with the way it turned out. Normally I drag out all 7 plastic tubs of my Halloween Decorations and the whole yard, house and porch is decorated... I don't know if it is because I am getting ahum.. "older" or if my taste is changing but this year I went thru the tubs - boxed up the stuff I thought Kyla might want and the rest I chunked in the trash - I've decided less is more - and what I have out on the front porch and thru out the house with the exception of a few pieces can stay out thru the end of November and I LOVE the way it turned out. I'll post photos as soon as Ky comes over & shows me how!!

Today Kyla & I went to "Oops" - it was such a blessing to be able to spend time with her. I am so thankful that God has given me a daughter that is such a source of joy and pride! She got alot of really cute whimiscal stuff for Christmas decorations - I was "good"this time and only picked up a few items. Yeah me!!! I am trying to come up with a budget - okay - yes its the sticking to it part that I have the most problem with !!! haha

Tuesday night at church [FBC] we had a "Ladies Night Out" the food was delicious and after our meal we made a fall wreath. I really enjoyed visiting with other ladies at the church and seeing how talented they are! I can't wait until the next LNO! :)

Right now at "Simply Threads" we aren't taking any new consignors and with current consignors we aren't accepting any more clothing right now. Watch for more info. on this next month.

We had Direct T.V turned on Tuesday night - so I am getting my fair share of T.V time & of course it is tuned to HGTV! Anyone else addicated to this? During Christmas break I am planning to re-do our bedroom and bathroom. Right now our bedroom is painted in "Cowboy Boots Brown" & Jeff has always hated it so I think I am going to go with a creamy tan w/ black accents. I just love this time of year - I always wanted to drag out all of my crafting supplies and create sometime or make something old - new!!! :) I've promised to paint Kyla this huge shelf that I bought her in a zebra print -- right now it is so ugly --- when I brought it in the house - Jeff thought I was crazy - I explained my "plan"to him -- he still thinks I am nuts - but he'll see :)

Time for House Hunters so I better get in my comfy chair & start watching.

1 comment:

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

I finally hung my wreath up :)

I put a skeleton in the middle so it still goes with my Halloween theme- too cute!